Monday 1st February 2021
Activity 1- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Listen to Mrs Fox read the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Questions to ask
Did you like the story? Which character did you like? What you do what Goldilocks did? Do you like Goldilocks? Do you think Goldilocks is naughty, courageous or both?
Activity 2- size ordering
Watch the video on size ordering.
Small, little, smallest, smaller, big, bigger, biggest, medium, large, huge, massive
- Can you find some small objects around your house?
- Can you find some big objects around your house?
- Can you find some objects that are smaller than a spoon?
- Can you find some objects that are bigger than a spoon?
- Can you find 3 objects and put them in size order starting with the smallest all the way up to the biggest. Your can label these with the correct size words.
- Can you cut and stick the pictures into the right size order.
Activity 3- phonics fun 1
Watch Mrs Fox’s Phonics lesson on sound discrimination.
Complete Mrs Fox’s challenges, which are as follows:
- Sing the hello song with your grown up and Mrs Fox
- Lets read the story of the Gingerbread man, can you join in with the repeated refrain?
- Let’s make up some actions for the repeated refrain.
- Sing the goodbye song with your grown up and Mrs Fox
- Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXHPAwMrg4A
- Can you make a ginger bread man? (Recipe attached)
- Can you sing some nursery rhymes with your family?
- Play this game to prepare you for our next lesson. Username: Jan21 Password: home
- Play any of the games of busy-things. Literacy, communication and language, then phonics, and phase 1 sound discrimination. https://www.busythings.co.uk
Username: home8351 Password: car9212