Monday 4th January 2021
Home Learning Monday 4th January 2021 - Where does snow go?
Go out for a walk in the cold. Encourage the children to dress for cold weather. Asking them the following questions: What clothes should we wear to keep warm? Shall Mummy wear a swimming costume? What things keep us warm?
Look out or discuss the following things on your walk:
- Icy puddles
- Frost on car windows, pavement or grass
- Breathe out and see their breath in the frosty air
- Make marks in the frosty grass
- Talk about the weather
- How does the cold make you feel
Questions to ask
- What is the weather like today?
- Can you see your breath?
- How does the cold make your finger feel?
- How can we keep warm?
- Can you find an icy pattern?
Warm up by having a lovely hot drink inside!
Now, watch the video of Mrs Fox reading Pip and Posy The snowy day. Can you make your own snowman, snow dog, snow mouse, snow rabbit or snow any animal you like? You could use play dough or salt dough.
Here are some simple recipes if you do not have any. Please upload your amazing creations to Tapestry so we can comment.